In the present time, there are different types of aquarium fish species that you will definitely love. Some of the aquarium fish species include saltwater aquarium fish, marine aquarium fish and a lot more.
For those people who really love aquarium fish, it is very imperative that you have a clear and better understanding about the species of aquarium fish that are widely available nowadays.
In addition to this, it is also highly recommended that you are familiar and aware about the right aquarium fish food and fish bowl aquarium that you need to use. In the recent year, there are some people who really love to collect various types of aquarium fish and this is one of the reasons why you need to be aware about aquarium fish species.
Here, you will know and learn some of the aquarium fish species that you will extremely love. Check this out:
• African Jewelfish- Jewelfishes are usually found in the country of Africa. There are considered as one of the most bellicose, and beautiful of cichlids. According to studies, bimaculatus was recognized as the original jewelfish that is being introduced to different parts of the world. In the present time, there are a huge number of African jewelfish species that are widely available.
• Angelfish– This is considered as one of the most favorites among aquarists. In addition to this, angelfish is a tall fish that can easily be kept within a community setting.
However, you need to bear in mind that their tankmates are not habitual or aggressive fin nippers. According to researches, fast swimming fish can make an angelfish feel nervous.
• Arowana– This is also known as osteoglossum bicirrhosum. This is considered as beautiful and long fish and at the same time it is also known for its constant surface skimming and voracious appetite. It can be found in waterways of Amazon River as well as other seas in the country of South America, Australia and Southeast Asia.
• Bala Shark– This is also known as silver shark or tricolor shark. The young bala shark is considered as staple item that is widely available in aquarium stores. However, bala shark is recognized as a poor choice for aquaria.
• Barb– This type of aquarium fish species is considered as freshwater tropical fish within the genera Puntius and Barbus. In addition to this, barb is recognized as popular aquarium inhabitants together with cherry barb and tiger barb.
• Betta– This is also known as Siamese fighting fish. Moreover, this is also considered as popular fish among hobbyists due to its lavish finnage and beautiful colors.
• Black Molly– This type of aquarium fish species is also known as Poecilia sphenops wherein it is a hybrid variation of sailfin molly. It is a small fish and males have the ability to reach three inches in length while females are slightly smaller.
• Black Tetra– This is recognized as popular staple of aquarium hobby for almost years. Most of the commercial breeders have developed various color varieties that include blueberry and dyed fish. There are also long finned specimens that are also part of Black Tetra.
• Blackline Penguinfish– This type of aquarium fish species is also known as Boehle’s penguinfish, hockey sticks and false penguin tetra. This type of aquarium species needs 20 gallon aquarium for small group of six fishes. Blackline penguinfish is hardy and at the same time it sticks to upper waters of your community aquarium.
• Blue Gourami– This type of aquarium fish species is considered as robust fish that should be kept with other community tank fishes, mildly aggressive and hardy fishes. When kept with aggressive and active fishes, it will retreat to a certain corner and hide. You need to bear in mind that one male for every aquarium since this type of aquarium species has a great tendency to fight with one another.
• Bronze Cory– In the wild, Corydoras usually swim with other fishes. This type of aquarium species should be kept in a group of fishes together with other community tank fish that includes rasboras, livebearers and small characins.
• Cardinal Tetra– This is considered as the favorite tropical fish in the world. Some hobbyists use to collect this type of aquarium fish species since they love its bred. For those hobbyists, this type of aquarium fish species is the ideal choice that you should collect in your aquarium.
• Catfish– This is considered as one of the most popular and recognizable aquarium inhabitants. Catfish usually belong to Siluriformes order that normally include different saltwater and freshwater catfish families.
• Cherry Barb– In the present year, this type of aquarium fish species is exclusively raised commercially especially in the country of Florida and Far East. If you want to procure wild stock, berry barb is the elite aquarium species to purchase and you will foresee their real colors. It is a fact that cherry bard is a beautiful fish that you will surely love.
• Clown Knifefish– This type of aquarium fish species is considered as one of the real monster fishes that are widely available in aquatic hobby. In addition to this, this aquarium fish is being sold at local fish store at 4 inches and 5 inches however it will grow as time goes by. Furthermore, Clown Knifefish has the ability to reach 24 inches in length.
The different types of aquarium fish species that are stated above are just one of the few popular aquarium species that you can collect in your community aquarium.